Thanks to our local businesses and volunteers who helped make the Egg Hunt a fun community event!
The Roslindale Village Main Street's 23rd Annual Egg Hunt was held at Fallon Field on Saturday, April 15th. We were lucky to have a beautiful, sunny spring day! Approximately 1,000 people from in and around Roslindale came to share in the fun of this annual event to welcome spring, hunt for 6,000 treat-filled eggs, visit with the Bunny, and play games.
So many volunteers and local businesses donated time and activities to make the Egg Hunt a fun community event:
- Thanks to District 5 City Councilor Tim McCarthy for attending the event and leading a countdown to the start of the hunt!
- Thanks to RVMS volunteer Tom Donahue for helping plan the egg hunt for the past 20 years!
- Thanks to RVMS board and committee members for volunteering at the event: Silvana Ragusa, Liz Graham-Meredith, Kate Schlegel, Kelly Ransom, Hilary Sullivan, Meg Vulliez, Erin Doherty, and Anthony Giordano.
- Thanks to Glenn Williams, "Voice of Roslindale," for loaning his equipment, acting as emcee, and ensuring a fun, smooth event overall!
- Thanks to Cathy Slade for her role in making the Egg Hunt such a fun event for the kids!
- Thanks to Josh Wyatt and the group of volunteers from Charles River Church Boston for helping with the event from start to finish, and bringing games and goodies.
- Thanks to our student volunteers from Sacred Heart School LIT group and Northeastern University.
- Thanks to the City of Boston Parks & Recreation Department for helping provide us with a power source and cleaning up the field in advance of the event.
- Thanks to our event financial supporters: Sacred Heart School and Tremont Credit Union.
- We were excited to have local businesses at the event, bringing treats and fun activities: thanks to A Plus Realty Group for donating an amazing face painter, The Leggett Group for donating fresh coffee for the adults, The Village Market for donating drinks, ice and other supplies, The Astro Diner, a pop-up by Seven Star for bringing their green alien mascot, face painting, and more! Local organization, WalkUp Roslindale, lead a fun sidewalk chalk art project!
- Thanks to all the local businesses around Roslindale Village that had eggs in their shops, to encourage shopping and dining at our many local shops and restaurants.