We're Hiring a Farmers Market Assistant
RVMS is seeking a Farmers Market Assistant to attend each weekly market on Saturdays and support the Farmers Market Manager with set up, at-market issues, and break down.
Each Saturday, the FM Assistant will be at the market from 8:00am-3:30pm to set up the RVMS table and assist vendors, oversee the RVMS area and market generally, and clean up/break down. Other responsibilities involve the managing of the children’s area and other entertainment, welcoming and greeting customers, and actively working to expand our contact list at the market.
Training occurs at the market itself and the Winter Market is every Saturday (snow or shine) until March 30th. The position is a paid position, starting at $12/hour, for 7.5 hours per week. This position is available beyond the Winter Farmers Market, heading into the Summer Farmers Market season (June through November, 7:00am-2:30pm) where a Market Assistant would be needed for Market Saturdays in Adams Park for the same amount of hours and pay each week.
GENERAL MARKET SUPPORT
- Report and work
collaboratively with the Farmers Market Manager each week during the
Winter/Summer Market Season.
Must be willing and able to work outdoors and to safely lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with RVMS staff and volunteers, market farmers and vendors, Sons of Italy staff, consumers, and community members.
- Assists vendors, community representatives, and consumers by providing market-related information, conflict resolution, and general aid as appropriate.
- Reviews and enforces market rules and policies.
- Establishes a consistent space to set up and operate the Market Manager’s table.
- Arrives at 8:00 am for market set-up and stays until break down is finished, around 3:30 pm.
- Places directional signs promoting the market around the community at key locations prior to opening on each market day, and removes those signs at the close of market.
- Operation of the market manager’s table:
- Setting up the table each week.
- Displaying and distributing promotional materials for RVMS.
- Conducting SNAP/Rozzie Bucks transactions and issuing reimbursements to vendors at the end of market day.
- Displaying and selling RVMS merchandise. Maintaining written record of merchandise sales.
- Returns RVMS tables and other equipment to the RVMS office after market.
- Assists with restoring the Sons of Italy’s layout of tables, and cleaning up (sweeping, mopping) as necessary.
- Maintains a written record of EBT/HIP transactions and weekly vendor reimbursements.
To apply, please fill out our application and be ready to upload a resume, cover letter, and three references.