Join us for the 4th Annual Holiday Market on Birch Street!
RVMS will host the 4th Annual Holiday Market on Birch Street on Thursday, December 5th from 4:00 to 8:00 pm. The Holiday Market is a festive event to bring residents, visitors, and local businesses together to celebrate and shop for the season. Birch Street will be closed to vehicular traffic between South Street and Corinth Street for this special event. The surrounding shops and restaurants will be open and stocked with wonderful gifts, food, and drinks for market goers to enjoy! The Courtyard area will be full of local businesses serving yummy prepared food items or special seasonal retail goods.
This is the last Holiday Market that will occur before the permanent pedestrianization of Birch Street, which is expected to be installed by Spring 2020.
On Birch Street:
- Enjoy treats from the Whoo(pie) Wagon! They have all sorts of yummy flavors, they even sell a Whoofie Pie, so you and your pup can indulge together.
- FREE Hot Cocoa donated by P.S. Gourmet will be served by RVMS volunteers.
- Make a chalk creation on the street with Roslindale Wants to Play using their giant spirograph.
- Carolers from Roslindale Congregational Church will sing outside of Birch St. House & Garden from 5:00-5:30pm.
- JP Honk Band will be returning to the Holiday Market this year and performing from 6:00-7:00pm on Birch Street!
In the Courtyard:
- Boston Cheese Cellar will be serving their famous raclette alongside Swiss bratkäse.
- Birch Street Bistro will have live music inside their restaurant starting at 8:30pm and will offer a complimentary dessert special (with purchase of entree) to parties that show proof of purchase from one of the Birch Street vendors (limit one complimentary dessert per party).
- Shanti Restaurant will sell samosas & chai.
- Solera, a Shrine to Wine will be hosting a Holiday Wine Tasting.
- Sophia's Grotto will be selling warm bites & handing out complimentary hot cider.
- The Neighborhood Farm will return to sell their decorative holiday wreaths.
Vendors inside the Emerald Society:
- Apartment No. 3 - Unique, creative handmade home decor, and fashion products that carry and transmit a rich cultural heritage.
- Barefoot Books with Ambassador Liz Hughes - Diverse and multi-cultural children's books plus related products such as puzzles, games, and puppets.
- French Merchants - Linens, soaps, blankets, and apparel made in France by vendors using time-honored techniques.
- Fusion Dolls - Multicultural dolls for children.
- Project Transaction - Small batch, handmade, screen-printed leather goods. Keychains, wallets/pouches, cuffs, belts, suspenders, t-shirts, tote bags.
- Proof Handmade - STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) themes and bright colors to create a line of handmade children's clothing that sparks conversations, encourages curiosity, and cultivates a love of learning. All items made in Roslindale with a portion of sales going to the local non-profit Science Club for Girls.
- Smoking Goat Arts - Wood turned crafts like bowls, vases and jewelry, book safes, barn board wall hangings, water color paintings, cribbage boards.
- That Flying Cat - A flying cat printed on various items including tote bags, t-shirts, cards, mugs, sticky notes, bookmarks, onesies.
- Upland Road | Sustainable Goods - Eco-friendly goods including Bee's Wraps, vejibags, organic wool and cotton socks and leggings, organic cotton t-shirts, bamboo utensils, bamboo toothbrushes, journals made from upcycled cotton.
- Vanguard Design - Handmade handbags, wallets, coin purses, toiletry bags, reusable shopping bags and bag accessories like crochet roses and bag charms.
Business Happenings on & around Birch Street:
- Akasha Studio will be opening their doors for a Mini Flow Class from 4:00-4:45pm, Mingling from 4:45-5:15pm, and a Mini Meditation Class from 5:15-5:45pm -- this class will be restorative using sound. Chat with instructors and fellow yoginis and you can come back to attend the regular Thursday class from 6:00-7:15pm. Akasha will also offer a discount on their monthly pass, selling them for $99 during the Holiday Market!
- Birch St. House & Garden will be hosting a PopTeez Trunk Show between 4:00 and 8:00pm. PopTeez will be bringing back limited releases of Roslindale's favorite t-shirts. Sip, shop and dance a little jig. They will also feature live music during the market.
- Centre Cuts Salon & Spa's new Taupe & Teal boutique is bursting with new and exciting items this holiday season. During the market, Couture Planet will be visiting the boutique to highlight their selection of pocket books.
- Distraction Brewing Co. will be open and offering hot cider and cookies inside the taproom. They'll also be rolling out some brand new merchandise -- we hear rumors of hoodies!
- East Boston Savings Bank is getting a visit from Santa Claus during the Holiday Market starting at 3:00 until 7:00pm. Stop by for hot cocoa and photos.
- Fornax Bread Co. is hosting the first of three weekly Souper Thursday events Thursday, December 5th from 5:00-8:00pm. Enjoy hot soup, holiday cookies, and of course, delicious bread.
- Investa Realty will be open and offering light refreshments. Stop in to meet owner Jenniffer Calderon and enjoy a tasty treat in Investa's beautiful office space on Birch Street.
- Joanne Rossman, Purveyor of the Unnecessary & the Irresistible will be offering drams of port and sweets to holiday shoppers during the Holiday Market. Her shop has a bevy of fabulous ornaments, warm socks, unique books, chocolates, and more.
- The Square Root will be adding mulled wine, egg nog, ginger snaps, and snickerdoodles to their menu for the Holiday Market and after the event starting at 8:30pm, they'll be hosting solo/acoustic music! A great opportunity to warm up and enjoy a drink between shops or after strolling the Square.
- Vinfen's Webster House on South Street will be open during the Holiday Market to host their annual holiday card sale and for folks to view their current gallery.
Thank you to our Event Sponsors: