Savor the Square
Thank you to everyone who joined us for a special, one-night RVMS fundraiser - we look forward to next year's event in 2018!
Thursday, September 28, 2017
6:00 to 9:00 pm
St Nectarios Hall (39 Belgrade Ave, Roslindale)
Savor the Square showcases Roslindale’s amazing foodie culture, bringing together new and long-time residents, neighbors, and local businesses for a fun night that revels in Rozzie-ness. There will be food, drinks, live music, and a silent auction. Participating restaurants will prepare a signature bite, in exchange for purchased "taste tickets."
Advance online ticket sales are now closed. Taste tickets can be purchased individually at $4.50 each at the door the night of the event.
We have a great line up of restaurants serving up signature bites and dishes at this event. Enjoy local food from your favorite neighborhood restaurant, or sample a few to discover a new favorite.
- 753 South - goat cheese and polenta "Twinkie"
- Birch St Bistro - crab cakes
- Boston Cheese Cellar - specialty grilled cheese sandwiches (vegetarian option)
- Delfino - shrimp scampi
- Effie's Kitchen - spanakopita (spinach pie), baklava, rice pudding
- Fornax Bread, Co. - soup (chicken with root vegetables or vegetarian spinach lentil), assorted breads, mini cupcakes
- Jamaica Mi Hungry - chicken, rice and beans, plantains
- Napper Tandy's - shepherd's pie and chicken cacciatore
- Pleasant Cafe - variety of pizzas
- Redd's in Rozzie - Brunswick stew and biscuits
- Shanti - fried kale chaat
- Sophia's Grotto - tiramisu
- Tony's Market - antipasto plates, mini cannoli
- Village Sushi and Grill - veggie sushi rolls, pad Thai
And coffee donated by PS Gourmet.
Betty's Bounce, a Djanjgo, swing and Gypsy jazz band, will perform during the event.
We have a great selection of art, event tickets, local food and gifts, electronics, and much more for bidding at the silent auction.
- Tickets to Laugh Boston
- Family day pass to the Ecotarium
- Original artwork by Chris Lang
- Book from Joanne Rossman, purveyor of the unnecessary and the irresistible
- Craft Beer Cellar goodies and a gift card
- Farmers Market basket
- Gift cards from Peter's Auto, PS Gourmet, Chance Liquors, Thrift Shop of Boston, Blue Star Restaurant, Village Market, Sebastian's Barber Shop
- Equal Exchange basket
- Exodus Bagels breakfast package
- 30-day pass from Akasha Studio
- Basket from Recreo Coffee
- Pet care baskets from Pet Cabaret and Unleashed
- Tickets to Handel and Hadyn Society
- Lift tickets to Wachusett Mountain
- Tickets to Huntington Theater Company
- Tickets to Christmas in Medieval England at Blue Heron
- Day passes to Rock Spot Climbing Boston-Dedham
- Birch St House & Garden gift basket
- Gift basket, including a facial gift certificate, from Centre Cuts Salon and Spa
- Private wine and cheese tasting at the Boston Cheese Cellar
- Dog walking and pet sitting package from Highland Hounds
- Kohler Moxie Bluetooth Shower Head from Trethewey Bros
- Spirits from Bully Boy Distillers
- 32" Samsung flatscreen TV from Harrison Refrigeration
- Celtics tickets
- Private multi-course meal prepared from local ingredients and hand selected wines from northern Europe by Terry Theise and Odessa Piper
Thank you to our Co-Sponsor:
Thank you to our Platinum Supporter:
Thank you to our Gold Supporters:
Thank you to our Silver Supporters:
Thank you to our Bronze Supporters:
Thank you to our Community Supporters:
If your business would like to sponsor this popular event, please download the Supporter & Sponsorship Opportunities for Savor the Square.
- When is this event? Where?
- Savor the Square is Thursday, September 28th from 6:00 – 9:00 pm at St. Nectarios Greek Orthodox Church at 39 Belgrade Avenue Roslindale Village. St Nectarios is across the street from the Commuter Rail, and steps from the 35, 36, and 37 bus stop at Belgrade Ave and Robert St.
- Why should I come to this event?
- Savor the Square offers something for everyone, from the life-long resident who has previously attended every Taste of Roslindale event, to the new resident interested in exploring the neighborhood, to the Roslindale neighbor curious about our foodie culture. There will be food from 14 Roslindale restaurants, live music, a silent auction, photo booth, and promises to be a fun, upbeat event!
- Is this event the same as Taste of Roslindale? Why did you change the name?
- Yes, Savor the Square was previously called Taste of Roslindale. After many successful years, we are excited to bring a new energy to this event and wanted to reflect that in the name. Savor the Square will have a bit more of a food festival vibe, from the colorful decorations to the gypsy jazz-style music. Less of a sit-down event, the event will offer more opportunities to sample different foods and engage with your local shop and restaurant owner over their “signature bites.” This year instead of a flat, all-you-can-eat entry fee of $40, we are using “taste tickets.” You can exchange a taste ticket for a small plate at each restaurant. Tickets are sold in packages in advance, ranging from $20 - $200, and individually at a slightly higher cost the night of the event.
- What ticket package do you recommend?
- That depends a bit on what you’re hoping to get out of the event. If you can only stop by for a short time, or just want to sample a few restaurants you haven’t tried before, the $20 package offers 5 taste tickets. You’ll get to try a couple of things, but might not be equivalent to a full meal.
- The $40 package offers 10 taste tickets, and is more of a meal. With 10 tickets, you’ll get to sample most of the restaurants and enjoy a diverse representation of the Rozzie food scene.
- The $60 package offers 15 taste tickets, and is perfect for someone who wants to try all 14 restaurants (plus, go back to your favorite for seconds).
- Both the $100 package (30 taste tickets) and the $200 package (65 taste tickets) offer savings on the per ticket price. These are ideal for the true Roslindale food lover, or couples, groups of friends, or co-workers.
- Will there be options for vegetarians and vegans?
- Check out the list of what each restaurant is serving above. There will be a lot of vegetarian options, but vegans and those with other dietary restrictions should review the list and decide if this event will be a good fit. In addition to food, there will also be a bar, live music, a photo booth, and a silent auction.