Program Manager Job Description
Roslindale Village Main Street (RVMS), an established non-profit with an over 30 year history of successful urban place-making, community development, and local business promotion and assistance seeks, a full-time Program Manager (PM) to join our growing and active organization.
Working in close coordination with the Executive Director (ED), the PM will oversee operations and administration of a three person office as well as plan and lead the coordination of annual RVMS signature events, identify and suggest special projects, and help coordinate the ongoing activities of three volunteer RVMS Committees (Design, Economic Development, and Marketing). The three committees are co-chaired by board members & volunteers, and the PM plays an integral role in their success.
The PM position is a rewarding role that offers the opportunity for one to see the impact of their work in the context of a local, Boston neighborhood as well as the opportunity to gain skills in non-profit management, community organizing, urban planning, and economic development.
Volunteer Management & Fundraising Support
- Develop and maintain volunteer recruitment and management processes and tools, including managing, scheduling, and leading quarterly Volunteer Orientations
- Support development activities, including the solicitation of business supporters, resident supporters through mailings, grant funds, and other charitable contributions
- Oversee forward-facing marketing and communications for RVMS events, projects, and business-happenings through regular maintenance of a weekly E-newsletter, social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), and our website.
- Support Marketing Committee with mailings, brochures, promotional materials, etc.
- Work in partnership with the Farmers Market Manager to promote the winter and summer farmers markets effectively
Project & Event Management
- Manage all event logistics (excluding the Farmers Market), including planning, day of set-up and breakdown, maintenance and storage of RVMS equipment and materials, and recruitment and oversight of vendors, volunteers, and staff
- Oversee workplan and budget development of annual RVMS signature events, one-time special events, programs, and special projects
- Coordinate the work of RVMS volunteer committees and effectively participate in activities and projects in partnership with Committee Co-Chairs and ED
- Recruit and oversee participation of vendors, volunteers, community partners, and Roslindale Village businesses in organization activities to ensure diversity and vibrancy
- See program, events, and projects to completion and engage in evaluation measures
- Ensure accurate and efficient financial management using DonorSnap with the support of the ED.
- Work in coordination with the ED to manage office work-flow patterns, standard operating procedures, and reporting mechanisms.
- Oversee office supply ordering and printer needs
- At least two years of non-profit experience required (AmeriCorps counts!)
- Volunteer and event management experience is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability and passion to establish rapport with business owners and community stakeholders
- Experience with database management and platforms such as DonorSnap, Google Drive, Constant Contact, and WordPress
- A demonstrated history of showing initiative and an ability to leverage the tools available
- Tested organizational skills and an ability to coordinate and implement dynamic tasks with an attention to detail
- A diplomatic and approachable nature, with the ability to be flexible in the face of changing deadlines and priorities
- An interest in local Boston community initiatives and issues
This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week (with an opportunity for flexible in-office hours) and the expectation of occasional attendance at evening meetings or weekend events. The position is a salaried at $40,000 a year. Benefits include health insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and parental leave. The RVMS office is a social and friendly environment that offers an opportunity to be immersed in a progressive and vibrant community. We're looking to fill this position by April 2nd.
The mission of Roslindale Village Main Street (RVMS) is to promote Roslindale Village as an appealing destination and the dynamic center of our community. We bring together local volunteers, businesses and public agencies to strengthen the Village’s economic vitality, physical appearance and unique local character.
RVMS was established in 1985 as one of the first urban Main Street Programs in the nation, with the help of then City Councilor Thomas M. Menino and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.