We are excited to announce that Vendor applications are open for the 2021 RVMS Grab- & - Go Market!
Typically in the Summer, the RVMS Farmers Market has free children’s activities and live music every week. It’s a true community event where residents, local businesses, and farm-fresh food come together in Adams Park on Saturdays throughout the summer and fall. The market is open from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm every Saturday, rain or shine, from June through November in Adams Park. The first day of the Farmers Market is always the first Saturday of June. In 2020, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have reformatted our market into a Grab-and-Go Farmers Market. We are gearing up to do it again. If you are interested in becoming a vendor, please fill out our application.
We will let vendors know if they are accepted into the market by April 15.
2021 Pick-up and Pre-order Winter Farmers Market
Typically in the Winter, the RVMS Farmers Market was inside of the Sons Of Italy Hall every week. It’s a true community event where residents, local businesses, and farm-fresh food come together on Saturdays throughout the winter. In 2021, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have reformatted our market into a Pre-order &Pick-up Winter Farmers Market. The market is open from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm every Sunday, rain or shine, from January 17th through March 28th at 32 Birch St.
Our Winter Farmers Market during COVID-19
Farmers markets remain essential in Massachusetts to provide access to healthy produce & food items while maximizing social distancing in an "open-air" setting. This year, the RVMS Winter Farmers Market will be open on January 17th with a new format and safety guidelines in place. The market will continue to open each Sunday from 12:00 pm-2:00 pm, provided we can operate safely and in the best interest of public health, following the City of Boston's Farmers Market Guide and regulations set by the Boston Public Health Commission. As an essential food access point, the market will continue offering SNAP/HIP for qualified shoppers. Visit the SNAP/ EBT and HIP tab for more info.
Many of our regular farmers will be attending the RVMS Winter Farmers Market during the 2021 winter season. While vendor attendance information may fluctuate more than other years due to their changing capacities, we will post our vendor list in the RVMS E-newsletter each week and will post updates on social media, when possible. (Click here to visit our home page and sign up for our E-newsletter with your email.)
We are asking all visitors to be mindful and attentive. Below are guidelines we are requiring of shoppers:
- Face covering/masks and maintaining social distancing of 6 feet or more are required at all times.
- We're working with our vendors to gather online ordering options and bring them to you ahead of time in an Online Ordering Document each week in our E-newsletter. Whenever possible, order online from our vendors so you're able to pick up your prepared order & minimize your time inside ABCD Parking Lot.
- Food items aside from produce are required to be pre-packaged by vendors for easy & low contact market pick up.
- Please DO NOT TOUCH any food items while you're shopping. Allow vendors to get them for you.
- To access the RVMS Farmers Market, specific entry/exit points have been implemented at the ABCD Parking Lot. Please enter on Birch Street and exit at Cohasset Street. A limited number of customers will be allowed in the market at one time.
- Please do not visit the RVMS Farmers Markets if you are ill.
- We will require attendees to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon arrival at stations provided in the park.
- Customers are asked to shop at the market for essential food needs ONLY.
- Consider coordinating with neighbors to send one person to purchase items for multiple individuals or families. At maximum, one member per household may shop at the market.
- Limit your time in the market to 15 minutes.
Location & Parking for the Farmers Market
During both the Summer and Winter Markets, parking is available during the market at the Lower Commuter Rail Lot off of Belgrade Avenue (pay $2 using the PayByPhone app) and the free Taft Hill Terrace Municipal Parking Lot shown on the map below. Please click on the icons to get directions to each location.
2021 Winter Farmers Market Sponsors
Thank you to our major sponsors for making the 2021 Winter Farmers Market possible:
Summer 2020 Sponsors
Thank you to our major sponsors for making the 2020 Summer Farmers Market possible:
Thank you to the Co-Sponsor of the Farmers Market:
“… My time at the farmer market showed the power of community to promote local business development in a small but vibrant downtown setting. I'd like to continue to be a part of a community like that in the future and to use my skills as a transportation engineer to encourage small village centers like Roslindale,” - an RVMS Farmers Market Volunteer
Volunteers make Roslindale Village Main Street Farmer’s Market as successful as it is. Whether you’re new to the area or a market veteran, we welcome your help!
The Farmers Market is a great opportunity for people who care about sustainability, the local economy, and uniting a community around access to local food to pitch in.
If you’d like to volunteer in the planning or implementation of either our Summer or Winter Farmers Market, contact our Market Manager .